Foodie weekend

09:52

Wow 2 posts in one week, that must be a record!!

I thought I would share a few things that I cooked on the weekend. I LOVE to cook and this year I have been trying so many new recipes, at least once a week, if not twice. I have a massive cook book collection and subscribe to the Delicious Magazine and the Australian Good Taste, both are always full of great recipes I want to try.

On Saturday I went to the Albany Farmers Market, which is something that I love to go to every week. They have always got such great variety of produce and it is always the best tasting, this week there was a new stall that had bacon and ham, I forgot to look at the name of it but!! Next week...

The weather was abit drizzly, but I really enjoy this weather over a hot day!

Later in the day I went with my sister to buy a dishwasher, and while she was busy I looked around and I came across the bread makers for half price!! I have thought I would like a bread maker for a while, I could make it in the Thermomix but you have to be there and watch it, get it out to rise etc etc. So for conveniece I thought that I would like to buy one, so I did! Once I got home, I made a loaf and it worked out amazing. Of course I had to have the crust just after it came out.


For dessert on Saturday night I made a Pecan Dacquoise from the cook book, For Foods Sake by Tenina Holder. This book is great for those who have a Thermie, I have made alot of the recipes out of this book. This will definatly go on the list to make again, it was chewy in the middle and crunchy on the outside. 

 On Sunday I invited my sister over for dinner to watch the My Kitchen Rules grand final, so I thought I would cook up a feast of my own. For dinner I made the cover recipe of the May Australian Good Taste. Slow cooked beef with crunchy bread crust & onion jam. I cooked the beef in the morning for about 31/2 hours, then about 6pm, cut up come turkish bread, dipped it in a egg mix, then topped it onto the beef, it was like a savoury bread and butter pudding. It was very tasty, I highly recommend it.


For dessert I made Sticky date pudding with Caramel sauce and vanilla icecream. This is one that written down, I have no idea where the recipe came from originally, but it was the standard version.

I think this would have to be one of the classic favorite desserts.


 Thanks for reading and I hope that I have not made you to hungry, I know I am!!!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe